I was nominated for a Liebster blog award from this lovely soul, Yanic at Family, Faith, Food and Fabric the other day and so I decided to participate in this little event by answering the questions that she gave me to answer. Here were her questions:
- What is your favorite thing about your favorite season? My favorite season is definitely Fall, with winter not far behind. I love the feeling of everything cooling down, quieting down and the pull that Fall brings to go inward and begin deep meditation for the colder months. I love making soup and bread and baking things with the girls when it gets cold outside and it is dark and there are still hours before bedtime. I love the dark and quiet in the town at night. I love walking alone in the winter surrounded by white and all alone, listening to Steiner audio books on my MP3 player, growing and learning spiritually.
- What is your favorite ingredient to cook with? I haven’t been cooking much these days, but I love baking obviously. And I go through a lot of flour when I am in a baking mood! In cooking, garlic makes everything great! :)
- Besides your family and pets, what would be the one thing you would grab running out of your house if it was on fire? Definitely my computer drive with all of my pictures on it!
- If you could take up any hobby/sport, what would it be? Dancing!! :) I am thinking about taking dance class this fall.
- What song could you always listen to without fear of getting fed up with? 93 Million Miles by Jason Mraz. It pretty much sums it all up.
- What was/is your favorite subject in school? Music. Band. Playing music. I hated everything else about school, except band class. I played clarinet for many years and played in many bands.
- What other languages (besides English) do you speak? Love. And a bit of Sanskrit.
- What does “heaven” mean to you? Heaven to me means being present in the here and now, finding beauty in all that surrounds us and in everyone we see. Heaven is not far off “somewhere” to be sought up in the sky, but just beyond the illusion of fears that we create in our minds on a daily basis. Behold the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Beach or Mountains? (and why). Beach (though I have never been in the mountains, so I can’t say for sure). I love the beach. I was raised on the lake since I was two years old and am a water baby.
- Tea or Coffee? Herbal tea please! Anything fruity.
- What is your biggest regret? No regrets ever. Everything happens for a reason. Everything is divinely planned. Everything is in perfect order. Everything is sound.
This got me thinking of this song that I love too.
I don’t really follow many blogs, or spend much time on the computer, so I thought that it would be fun instead to pose some questions to you out there reading to get to know you better, if you feel like connecting. It could be fun!! :) Answer any or all of the questions in the comment section below. It would be great to hear from you!
- What is your favorite memory?
- How would you define spirit or spirituality?
- What is your favorite color?
- Sun or moon? Night or day?
- What animal best describes your personality?
- What makes you happy?
- What is your favorite song?
- What are your favorite name choices for a baby boy? A baby girl?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
- What two words would you like to see manifest in your life these days?
Here are my answers to the questions.
- Swimming in the lake. Being in the water.
- Impossible to define of course, but I will give it a try. Spirit is the divine part of us that is here to learn and grow and change throughout our lengthy evolution. Spirit is giving, creative, and expressive of love. Spirituality is knowing that you are more and learning to live in the awareness of your divine purpose every moment of your existence.
- Yellow to look at. Purple or white to wear.
- Hard to choose, but I do love the sun! I love the feeling of night compared to morning though.
- Music. My children. People. Love. Connection. High vibes. Fresh air. Sunshine. Water.
- 93 Million Miles and Shine by Jason Mraz.
- Boy – Lake or River. Girl – Sophia or Sage.
- Right now, Marianne Williamson – Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
- Too cold because I love the comforting feeling of warming up in a bath or by a fire. When you are too hot there is not much comfort.
- Freedom. Strength.
I hope that you will play along too! I would love to hear from you!