I am loving mornings around here now that we are homeschooling. The girls get to sleep as long as they need and we can sit and enjoy breakfast altogether, without having to rush and hurry off to school. No more grouchy girls and no more grouchy mom, telling you to hurry up and eat your breakfast 50 times, while you haven’t even got your eyes open.
Another thing I love, love, love is that there aren’t as many clothing battles with Kesa! She is able to stay in her PJ’s or her dresses all morning long!
That makes both her and I very happy.
This morning, I prepared the girls a breakfast favorite around here, Banana Scramble.
I decided to make this one peanut butter and coconut banana scramble.
Peanut Butter Coconut Banana Scramble
Peanut butter, coconut and banana together? What could be better? This is a simple breakfast to prepare that is loaded with goodness! The bananas, oats, coconut and peanut butter provide lasting energy right up until lunch time.
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup medium unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat
- Mash the banana with a potato masher in a medium sized mixing bowl ( I like to leave some chunks in there too)
- Place the oats, milk, coconut and peanut butter in with the bananas and stir until just combined
- Pour the mixture into the heated skillet and fry for 3-5 minutes, stirring continuously until warm and the oats have cooked.
Serve with fruit and toast.
This is actually quite filling and will definitely keep you full right up until lunch. If there are leftovers, you can store them in the fridge. This is really good cold too and makes a nice snack.
I’m off! It’s nearing story time and the girls have chosen a lot of books for me to read.