Have you smiled at yourself in the mirror today? It is incredibly awkward and uncomfortable, I highly recommend it!
Have you smiled at someone else today? That is much easier to do, so you have no excuses not to share your smile with at least 2 people today.
You know what makes me smile? C-O-L-O-R! It also makes my tummy smile and my baby kick up a storm. I swear that baby is practicing karate in there! Either that or trying to escape. Last night I could hardly sleep! No yoga for this babe. A runner maybe?
This is the COLOFRUL lunch that we had yesterday that I just had to share with you all. If you haven’t smiled yet today these colorful pics should brighten you up!
Easy Garden Vegetable Wraps with Creamy Garlic Hummus
This is one of my favorite lunches! These wraps are quick to prepare and colorful! I just cut up the veggies and whip up some hummus and we can all create our own wraps. An easy meal that is especially fun for kids.
Makes 4 wraps
- 4 (8″ inch) whole wheat/whole grain tortillas
- 1 cup Creamy Garlic Hummus (see recipe below)
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced (I used 1/2 a red and 1/2 a yellow for more color)
- 1/2 long English cucumber, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
Creamy Garlic Hummus
I love hummus and I love garlic! This is a creamy, garlicky hummus with just the perfect touch of lemon juice. Spread on wraps or sandwiches or use as a vegetable or cracker dip.
- 1 (540ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas, minced garlic, lemon juice, oil, tahini and salt together in a food processor.
Process 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
To Assemble The Wrap
1. Place a tortilla on a plate and place a romaine lettuce leaf in the center on the tortilla. Spread with 2-3 tablespoons of the hummus.
2. Top with a bit of all of the different veggies. Make it colorful!
3. Wrap and stick with two toothpicks, one on each end. Cut in half, behold the beauty and eat!
Don’t forget to put a smile on today!
And eat your veggies!