I am not really one for coming up with New Year’s resolutions because I like to think that at any moment in time we could resolve to change our thoughts, actions or habits but during yoga this morning I thought of some things that I would like to get better at this year.
12 for 2012
- Be present every day with my thoughts and feelings, my situations and with the people I am blessed to have in my life.
- Let go of judgment of myself, others or any situations as good or bad, right or wrong. Know that everything that is happening is supposed to be happening and there are no mistakes in life, only learning opportunities.
- Relax more and have more fun. Take life less seriously at times and play, laugh, dance and be silly with the kids.
- Let go of my plans/be less self-minded. Allow the day to flow naturally and accept every moment. Be less of a control freak.
- Listen to the wisdom of my body. Respect my body’s hunger and fullness cues. Exercise when I feel like it, rest when I need to rest (take a nap).
- Do more deeds outside of myself. Ask myself every day how I can serve others, even if it is only my family.
- Change my perspective and see the good in every thing and everyone. Cultivate an attitude of gratitude.
- Stop worrying!
- Do more of what I love and what makes me happy. Stop playing small because of my fear of being different. Listen to my heart more than my head.
- Release prideful thoughts and remember that we are all on the same journey and that no one is better than anyone else. We are all really so small in this universe and our knowledge is like a grain of sand.
- Raise these girls the best I can every day. Be mindful of what example I am setting for my children with my words and my actions.
- Live and learn, love and eat! (look forward to more yummy recipes)
Thanks for allowing me to be apart of your New Year! 🙂