Why Live. Learn. Love. Eat.?
I came up for the name Live. Learn. Love. Eat. nearly three years ago when I first began blogging because these were the aspects of life that I believe need to be held in a balance and needed to be given attention in life. These aspects of life are what I feel are most important to living in harmony with ourselves, others and our planet and when we focus on developing these aspects of our lives to their fullest potential is when we can feel most happy, peaceful and alive.
Live. Enjoy every precious moment that you are given. Don’t postpone being happy and enjoying your life for some time in the future. Time is precious and does not slow down. Life is not always easy (and is certainly far from perfect), but there is always so much beauty surrounding us that we are often times blind to. Perspective is huge and cultivating a healthy, positive attitude and holding reverence towards all life is essential for truly living.
Learn. Learn the lessons that life presents to you in everyday situations and learn to see yourself reflected back at you through the people who surround you in your life (especially the difficult ones or the ones you tend to judge negatively). Life is the greatest teacher and nothing happens by accident. There is a spiritual reality behind the material and physical one that we place so much emphasis on. In learning to open our eyes to that, we can learn so much about who we truly are and why we are here.
Love. See the best in yourself and others. Do your best to love and to love freely and unconditionally, expecting nothing in return. For love given as a free gift is the only real and true love.
Eat. Nourish your physical body, the home of your spirit, with the life-giving foods provided by mother nature. Treat your body as sacred and as a home of the divine. Exercise your body regularly and get enough sunshine, sleep and water. Choose foods that are as close to their natural state as possible. Most of all, be grateful for the food that you have and practice eating with mindfulness.
Another About Blurb
Hmmm… What about me? Who am I? That is a good question and one I cannot easily or ever define.
I do not really identify with myself as labelled by any labels. I am a constantly evolving human being. A soul-searcher. A self-reflective type who never stays on one plane of consciousness or sticks with any identity for long. I think that I change daily, hourly, even every minute and am never the same as I was the day before. Kind of like that quote from Alice In Wonderland, “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” Or, “I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?”
Jason Mraz says, “My home is deep inside the mystics, I’m known to keep diggin’ on existence.” That is basically me, but here are some things that I am interested in, the “labels” for those who crave some kind of pinpointable identity to my being.
I love and am interested in…
- ~ Yoga ~
- ~ Walking~
- ~Being Outside~
- ~Blue Skies~
- ~Reading all the classic books to my girls~
- ~Living Naturally and Organically/No Make-Up, Perfumes, Chemicals, etc. in or on my body~
- ~Essential Oils~
- ~Herbal Medicine~
- ~Massage Therapy~
- ~Veganism. I eat a mostly raw vegan organic diet, but I am a human being who is not perfect and try not to get too crazed and obsessed about food stuff. Vegan and organic food makes me feel best.~
- ~Animal Rights/Compassion and Freedom for all beings~
- ~Eco-Friendly Living/Recycling/Minimalistic Living and all that jazz~
- ~Mind Over Matter~
- ~Rudolf Steiner~
- ~Waldorf Education~
- ~Edgar Cayce~
- ~Doreen Virtue~
- ~Marianne Willamson/A Course In Miracles~
- ~Autobiography Of A Yogi~
- ~ Paramahana Yogananda~
- ~The Secret History Of The World~
- ~Spiritual Science~
- ~Esoteric Philosophy and Christianity~
- ~Past Lives~
- ~Spiritual and Psychic Awareness~
- ~Angel Communication~
- ~Angel Card Reading~
- ~Jason Mraz!! I am obsessed with Jason Mraz. He is my favorite living human being.~
- ~Spreading Love and Light~
- ~Love, Love and More Love~
- ~Expansion in Consciousness~
- ~Helping and Healing Others in any way I can~
- ~ Getting to know you ~
- ~Being myself, whoever that may be that minute or that day~