What if I told you that today you were free to do whatever you want? Today your life could change and you could be who you want to be and live your life exactly how you want to? Well you can. You can have whatever you want in life. Your whole life is made up of your thoughts and your choices. You choose how you want to live your life. It is that simple.
If you are stuck at a job that you don’t like, change it. If you are feeling down about your body, you have the power to make a change to your diet and start moving. If you are constantly feeling controlled by others opinions of you or find yourself surrounded by negative influences, disconnect and seek positivity. There is nothing negative in your life that is going on right now that you can’t change and make more positive. The cold, hard truth is that the way that you feel about your life right now was chosen by none other than Y-O-U!
A favorite quote of mine is by Maya Angelou, she says “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” Aren’t those really are only two choices? I often find myself feeling down or giving my power away, allowing so many beautiful moments of my life to pass me by (even though I can hear this quote running through the back of my mind) and that is why I am deciding to make a change and actually follow the advice of these wise words. I have made a decision to get excited about life and I want you to too. Why wait another day? Life is not going to slow down, so let’s live it like we mean it!
Here is the game plan:
1. Do what you love. What do you want for your life? What makes you happy? If you were responsible for your life and creating a life that you love what would that look like? Make a list of your desires and post it where you can see it. Focus on what you want for your life NOT what is imperfect or not the way you want it. Remember that like attracts like. Only write down positive things that you want, not the things that you want to change.
Here are some of mine:
- Be loving
- Do yoga
- Have family time
- Eat mindfully
- Get outside
- Make a vision board
- Read to the girls
2. Declare what you want for your life in the present. Instead of saying to yourself I will be or I want to be start declaring what you want as though you already have it. Let go of that someday mentality and choose to have the life you want now. That is all you have. Here are some examples of declarations I have chosen for my life.
- I am strong now
- I am confident now
- I am balanced now
- I am healthy now
- I am grateful now
- I am happy now
I like to recite these declarations in my head or out loud everyday, usually when I am out for my morning walk. It is amazing how positive you will feel after declarations. Say them like you mean them! Declare it to yourself and don’t let your mind tell you that you are anything otherwise. Post these declarations on a paper in a place where you can see them everyday.
3. Be an instrument of love. If you choose nothing else throughout your day, chose to be an instrument of love. Selfishness always leads to misery. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing and whoever you may be with choose to be loving and selfless. It can be as simple as doing a good deed, thinking a loving thought or saying something positive to someone you see during your day. Heck, even a smile will bring out love and positivity. Spread it all around and watch it come right back to you. 🙂
4. Get moving in the sunshine. Take some time everyday, even if it’s just 10 or 20 minutes to get outside and move in the sunshine. Walk, bike, play with your kids, jump on a trampoline or even do yoga! We all need fresh air and sunlight. I guarantee that just being outside and in touch with nature will make you feel 100 times more positive. Every time I go for a walk I come back a different person. If I am feeling down and am having negative thoughts a walk is a sure-fire way to cure me. I joke to my husband that if he every sees me getting negative to push me out the door with my shoes and lock me out for at least 15 minutes. How can sunshine not make you happy?
5. Be grateful! Begin and end each day with gratitude. A simple thank you or a whole long prayer of gratitude, whatever floats your boat. Choose to hold thoughts of gratitude throughout the day and spend some time each day to reflect on all that is great and wonderful in your life. Just last night I was sitting in my living room admiring our beautiful home and this morning I felt an immense amount of gratitude for my health as I was out on my morning walk. There are so many reasons to be grateful and if you can’t think of one, be grateful for the fact that you are breathing and you are alive.
So that is the game plan! I hope that you will join me in choosing to live like you mean it and get excited about your life. If you don’t like something change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Those are your only two choices. So choose! Stop waiting for the life you want to happen and make it happen. You are the only one holding yourself back.
Much light and love to you all,