Yesterday I was really craving roasted vegetables. It was a chilly day and I knew that I had some sweet potatoes to use up. I paired the sweet potatoes with carrots, parsnips, potatoes, onion, sunflower oil and a sprinkling of garlic powder, herbs and sea salt and we had one amazing lunch!
Roasted Root Vegetables
Roasting vegetables is a great way to maintain their nutrients, while also bringing out the sweet flavor in them. My family loves these herbed roasted root vegetables as a side or simple meal.
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 3 medium russet potatoes, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place the chopped vegetables into a large mixing bowl or pot. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with garlic, herbs and sea salt. Toss to coat.
3. Divide the seasoned vegetables evenly onto two rimmed baking sheets. If they are lined with parchment paper, clean up afterwards will be easier.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping the vegetables over halfway throughout the baking time. Vegetables are ready when they can easily be pierced with a fork and are beautifully roasted.
My little baby boo is sick again and so I haven’t had much time on the computer the past few days. I have been feeling pretty awful myself too because whenever she gets sick I get it too.
She has been up all night tossing and turning, coughing and crying and so I haven’t got much sleep either. I am hoping that this upcoming week will be better. As long as no one else gets sick!