Well, I must say, I have not been on my usual baking kick these days! Nope, lately I have been more into making quick and simple healthy treats for us to snack on and indulge in. No-bake things. Quite the opposite of what I was doing last winter.
For a long time I have been wanting to try making a no-bake sugar cookie dough ball using raw cashews (and free of refined sugar of course). We all love raw cashews so much around here. When I finally got a bag of raw cashews, I went right to work. To sweeten them up, I decided to use both brown rice syrup and pure maple syrup. They also have a nice vanilla flavor! My girls seem to really love anything that I sweeten with brown rice syrup and they loved these sweet little cookie dough balls!
No-Bake Sugar Cookie Dough Balls
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the cashews and oats together in a food processor and blend on high for about 1 minute, or until finely ground (like flour). Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, brown rice syrup, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Roll into 10 or 12 equal balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
There are also a few variations that I came up with for this delicious recipe! While I prefer the simple cookie dough balls as is, I thought the girls would especially love them with some chocolate chips! Then I got carried away and decided to try double chocolate chip cookie dough balls!
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls – Add 3 tablespoons organic vegan chocolate chips before mixing to make chocolate chip cookie dough balls.
No-Bake Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls – Add 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and 3 tablespoons organic vegan chocolate chips in with the finely ground cashews and oats in the mixing bowl before adding the sweeteners and vanilla to make decadent double chocolate chip cookie dough balls.
Any way you choose to make them, I guarantee that they won’t last long! 🙂
I was hardly able to snap a picture of them before they were all eaten up!
Happy Friday! 🙂