This weekend was crazy busy with the girls’ dance recitals. Both Autumn and Kesara are in tap dance this year and had performances on both Saturday and Sunday morning. Here is a video of Autumn’s tap dance (Autumn is second from the right).
Autumn was so excited to have her recital because she loves dancing so much and has been dancing around the house to Christmas music every day. On Saturday morning she said “This is the best day of my life.”
Yesterday was also my hubby’s birthday and so I made a yummy cake!
Chocolate Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Icing
Makes one 9 inch round cake
- 2 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 mashed overripe bananas
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add the maple syrup, sunflower oil, milk, applesauce, and vanilla and whisk together until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined, careful not to over mix the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into a non-stick 9 inch round cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before icing.
Peanut Butter Icing
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups icing sugar
Whisk together the peanut butter, milk and vanilla, until smooth. Add the icing sugar 1/2 cup at a time and continue to whisk until smooth.
I don’t think peanut butter and chocolate could ever be a bad combination.
Looks like the girls agree!