This afternoon I felt like surprising my girls with a sweet (but healthy) treat so I made them a plate of apple “nachos” to share.
They loved this sweet snack, since they are always snacking on apples. I decided to spiff up their favorite snack by cutting apples into slices, drizzling them with a vegan peanut butter caramel sauce and adding a sprinkling of vegan chocolate chips and unsalted shelled peanuts.
Nobody had any complaints about that! 🙂
Apple “Nachos” with Vegan Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce
- 2 medium apples
- 1 tablespoon organic vegan chocolate chips or raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted shelled peanuts
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon natural peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Slice the apples and place it onto a large plate.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate chips or raisins and shelled peanuts.
- Whisk together the brown rice syrup, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat for a few minutes, until runny. Remove from heat and drizzle over the apple slices.
Those look faaabulous
Yum!!! Might have to whip some of these up while we wait out the big storm that’s coming. Thanks for sharing.
Hope that you will all stay safe. 🙂
What a fun idea!
Perfect for fall and for kids!
Oh, I think my kids would love this too. Thanks for the inspiration! 🙂
You’re Welcome! 🙂
Ohhhh, BEST MOM EVER!!! This idea is soooo gorgeous and those cutie girls look deliciously happy! 🙂
What a cute idea!!
They sure did seem to like it. 🙂
These look great! I love all the ingredients you used:) great post!