This afternoon I felt like surprising my girls with a sweet (but healthy) treat so I made them a plate of apple “nachos” to share.
They loved this sweet snack, since they are always snacking on apples. I decided to spiff up their favorite snack by cutting apples into slices, drizzling them with a vegan peanut butter caramel sauce and adding a sprinkling of vegan chocolate chips and unsalted shelled peanuts.
Nobody had any complaints about that! 🙂
Apple “Nachos” with Vegan Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce
- 2 medium apples
- 1 tablespoon organic vegan chocolate chips or raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted shelled peanuts
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon natural peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Slice the apples and place it onto a large plate.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate chips or raisins and shelled peanuts.
- Whisk together the brown rice syrup, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat for a few minutes, until runny. Remove from heat and drizzle over the apple slices.