I got a good sleep last night and woke up feeling much better! That is probably thanks to my hubby’s magnificent idea to make me a healing juice last night before bed. 🙂
Isn’t he sweet?
We used to juice quite often, but I guess somehow, we forgot about juicing and how truly healing it is. After last night’s juice, we both agreed that we are going to get into it again.
Since Craig and I both have been feeling stuffy, sneezy and have both had headaches, we opened up the fridge to see what medicine we had on hand.
We have a lot of organic produce I picked up last weekend when we were in the city. The organic Kale is gorgeous!
Then we made this…
Cure What Ails Ya Super Juice
- 1 large apple
- 3 leaves of kale
- 2 leaves of red chard
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- one 1/2 inch slice of ginger root
- 2 cloves of garlic
I seriously woke up feeling 100 times better. I even laced up my shoes this morning, went out for a 2 mile run and got to see the sun rise! When I got in, I had this juice for breakfast too. I will be restored to perfect health in no time!
Today I wanted to share with you the benefits of juicing.
- Freshly juiced vegetables give your body an instant boost of nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and minerals in a form that the body can easily assimilate, absorb and digest. Juicing gives your digestive system a chance to relax, while providing your body with live enzymes and vitamins that go straight to your blood stream in under 30 minutes! This is extremely healing because your while your body is able to put less effort into digesting food all day, it can work on cleansing, healing and detoxifying your body.
- At the most basic level, juicing allows us to add so many more vegetables to our daily diet, and to up the amount of raw food we consume giving the body energy and boosting the immune system and the body’s cleansing process.
- Fresh vegetable juices are great for cellular cleansing. Our bodies are always cleansing, every time we exhale we release CO2 and then take in fresh oxygen that makes up the cells of our body or when we eliminate waste when we go to the bathroom, we are releasing cellular waste. Juicing is great because of how quickly the nutrients are able to get to our cells and is the most efficient way to cleanse and detoxify the liver.
- Greens such as kale,contain chlorophyll, which is incredible for detoxing the body and cleansing the liver and can help rebuild our red blood cells. Green juices have even been proven to help prevent and remove cancer cells from the body.
- Another great thing about juicing is that raw, fresh vegetable juices are alkaline. A healthy body is an alkaline body. Over acidification is the common theme and cause of almost all conditions of ill-health.
Wow! I can’t believe that I forgot how much I loved to juice. It really is the miracle cure! Juicing and yoga are both great health tools that I am going to get into this Fall/Winter, they will keep me sane on the nights that it gets dark by 5:00pm. If you think about it, it only makes sense. Yoga cleanses our bodies, by breathing and juicing delivers fresh enzymes straight to your blood stream.
So, if you are interested in juicing, do it! You will feel the amazing benefits of it right away and juicing everyday will do wonders for your body. Your body will be thanking you for providing it with exactly the tools it needs to build a healthier and happier you.
- Buy a juicer. Many of the juicers out there can be pretty pricey, we got ours second-hand for $10 3 years ago and it has done just fine. Check out Value Village or another thrift shop first, you never know what you will find
- Find yourself some recipes. There are many juicing recipes online or you can buy books on juicing. One that I have is called Juicing, Fasting and Detoxing For Life. Some great sites that talk about juicing are Crazy Sexy Life and Juicer Recipes Now.
There is so much information out there about juicing. Do your research and try it out, it really does work!