1) A nice warm bath on a chilly Fall day. Especially with some essential oils.
2) Dancing around the living room to the Brian Setzer Orchestra, being silly and having fun.
3) Convincing your children to get to bed earlier, since it is dark out earlier and going to bed earlier yourself.
4) All of the Rocky movies. They are so inspirational. I asked Craig what to watch to put me in a better mood last week and he suggested Rocky. Now every evening the girls and I seem to be watching a Rocky movie while daddy is at work.
The one that I like the best so far was Rocky II. It is pretty much the same as Rocky I but better. I was skeptical about these movies at first, but they really do inspire. They are a great reminder that you can do anything if you believe you can. I am still doing yoga and my cardio workouts interchangeably and eating a salad a day everyday and feeling great! 🙂 It really does feel good to move and push past your comfort zone.
Autumn is obsessed with Rocky and is always jumping on the rebounder and I even caught her the other day lifting some light weights. She loves the part of the movie when the Rocky theme song comes on and she asks me “Is he gonna run?” It is so funny. And of course when he does run it is always so exciting!
5) The last thing on this list is a little something to eat of course. You can enjoy these while watching the Rocky movies. 😉
Coconut Cashew Butter Crispy Squares
Makes 9 squares
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened medium shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Heat the cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a saucepan on medium heat, whisking continuously until smooth and hot. Add the shredded coconut. Remove from heat and add the crispy rice cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated with the coconut/cashew butter mixture and then transfer to a non-stick 8 inch square baking pan. Press the mixture down with the back of a spoon so that it is spread evenly in the pan and packed down. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 9 squares.
These are really, really good. I actually have made three batches of these squares in the past 4 days because every time I make them they get eaten up before I can snap a picture. Look who was hovering around me begging for one while I took this picture today.
Hope that this list inspires you to do something that rocks and have some fun. 🙂