Vegan Shortbread Cookies
A delicate melt-in-your-mouth vegan shortbread cookie.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 2 cups vegan margarine, softened
- 1 cup organic icing sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream together the margarine and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour 1 cup at a time and mix until fully incorporated.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator to chill for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Roll the dough out 1/2-3/4 inch thick and cut into Christmas shapes with your cookie cutters.
- Place the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Decorate the cookies with sprinkles or cherries if you want or leave them plain.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies are ready when cooked but not browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the pan. You can also add icing to them after they have completely cooled.