Autumn is quite the little food photographer now.
Yesterday she asked to use my old point and shoot camera to take pictures of her fake food.
(Her made in china plastic potato in a bowl with candy accents)
I think that she may even be better at styling food than I am!
(this photo was taken by Kesa)
By the time the food is ready, most of the time I am not patient enough to take the photo, I just want to eat!
I suppose that it’s different with fake food though. It probably doesn’t make you as hungry while you play with it.
They really do copy everything that their mommy does! It made me laugh out loud when I saw her setting up her fake food and using the potpourri to jazz up her photos.
At least yesterday I was able to snap a picture of the delicious black bean chili I made.
I assure you moments later it was devoured.
Bell Pepper and Black Bean Chili
A simple chili recipe made with bell peppers and black beans.
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 bell peppers, diced (I used one orange, one red and one yellow)
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- 1 (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (156 ml) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 (540 ml) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a large pot on medium heat and add the diced onion and pressed garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or so until the onions are soft.
2. Add the diced bell peppers and 2-3 tablespoons of water. Cook 10-12 minutes more, until the peppers have softened.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, oregano and sea salt.
4. Add the rinsed black beans and continue to cook 5-8 minutes more, until the entire mixture is hot.
Serve! We always enjoy chili with bread and margarine.
I have been planning on trying a chili with black beans and peppers for a while now. This was great and so easy to make!
Maybe next time I will get Autumn to do the food styling for me and jazz it up with some potpourri. 😉