The other day I was making cookies (I know, what else is new?). I usually make chocolate chip cookies every few weeks because those are a family favorite and so I always make sure that our freezer is stocked with them. My husband likes to take them to work to have on his coffee break and of course the kids love chocolate chip cookies too.
This time instead of plain chocolate chip cookies, I decided to use carob chips and throw in some roasted almonds. I have since made these cookies two more times. These are my new favorite cookies! If you haven’t ever tried carob chips before, I suggest giving them a try! I love the taste of the carob chips compared to chocolate chips. For more information on carob chips see this link. Of course, good old dairy-free chocolate chips will do just lovely too.
Almond Carob Chip Cookies
Makes 21 cookies
A healthy, whole wheat, naturally-sweetened cookie loaded with crunchy roasted almonds and sweet carob chips.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup whole roasted almonds
- 3/4 cup carob chips
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and sea salt. Add the almonds and carob chips.
- Add the maple syrup, oil and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Form the dough into table-spoon size balls, place onto the baking sheet and press down slightly.
- Bake one batch at a time for 8-10 minutes, until very lightly golden. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
If you love my chocolate chip cookie recipe, then you are sure going to love these too!
Yum! Yum! Yum! 🙂