I LOVE granola! I love it to snack on and for breakfast with almond milk. It is such a powerful and nutritious food. This recipe is my favorite granola recipe, next to the Coconut Apricot Cookie Granola. Made with sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, nuts and dried cranberries, this granola is not just for the birds! Enjoy as a delicious and nutritious snack or with almond milk for a perfect start to your day!
Bird Seed Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seed
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup unsalted shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted slivered almonds (or roasted cashews)*
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
* I also love to make this granola using roasted cashews for a little something different.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. You want to use the parchment paper so the seeds won’t get stuck to the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, seeds, nuts and cranberries. Add the maple syrup and oil and stir to coat.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, rearranging the granola halfway throughout the baking time. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan. Store in an airtight container or mason jar.
I LOVE granola!
HaHa! I was expecting a recipe for our feathered neighbors :-)… Granola is a favorite of mine too, but I never think to make it and refuse to buy it (it’s so expensive). Yours looks delicious!
It is so easy to make too! I love to make my own so I can put as much seeds, nuts and dried fruit as I like. I also like to make it free of refined sugar. I agree that the healthy store bought stuff is expensive. 🙂
Yummmmm! Will have to give this one a try. I do a vegan granola cereal but add coconut flakes, cranberries, vegan dark chocolate, and brown sugar. This seed and maple one sounds delish tho!