This recipe is one I make quite often for dinner. I love the minimal amount of time that goes into making this delicious and satisfying meal and I love both the flavor of garlic and broccoli.
This creamy, garlicky, vegan pasta sauce is similar to Alfredo sauce for traditional fettuccine pasta and is made with almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, cashew butter and a lot of fresh garlic. It is both creamy and satisfying, while being free of animal ingredients.
Creamy Garlic Broccoli Rotini
- 375 g whole wheat or other whole grain rotini
- 4-5 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine, such as Earth Balance
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 /2 teaspoon fine sea salt or Herbamare
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the rotini noodles and boil for 13-15 minutes, until tender.
- At the same time, bring a second large pot of water to boil and add the broccoli florets. Boil for 12-15 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- While the pasta and broccoli are boiling, place a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Melt the margarine and add the crushed garlic. Fry for a few seconds, stirring continuously until fragrant.
- Pour in the milk and add the cashew butter, lemon juice.
- Whisk in the nutritional yeast, dried parsley, sea salt (or Herbamare), pepper, and whole wheat flour.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and continue to whisk until the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Drain the cooked pasta and broccoli and place into a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over top, mix to combine and serve.
This looks delicious Tiffany. Thanks for sharing!
Pingback: Moved In | Live. Learn. Love. Eat.