Do you love chocolatey, soft, perfectly sweetened, fiber-filled, vegan double chocolate cookies? Then I have a great post for you today!
These are the chocolate cookies we’ve been in love with these days! Today I baked a fresh batch with the intention of photographing and posting to share with you all.
The cookies are made healthy by using whole wheat flour, which adds fibre, ground flax seed in place of eggs, pure maple syrup to reduce the actual sugar amount, and non-GMO sunflower or coconut oil.
I tried making the cookies without sugar, using Xylitol instead, and also another batch that just used maple syrup only, but the texture just wasn’t right. A little bit of organic cane sugar makes these cookies perfect!
It’s always been a passion of mine to create recipes that are delicious but also have as many nutrients as I can pack into them. These cookies deliver that, as well as a very delicious sweet treat.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we do!
Double Chocolate Cookies
Makes 27 cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed + 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup sunflower oil or melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup white or semi sweet non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. (Use non-stick baking sheets, or line the baking sheets with parchment paper.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cane sugar and cocoa powder.
- Whisk the flax seed and water together in a small bowl and set aside a minute to thicken. This is your flax egg.
- Add the maple syrup, oil, flax egg and chocolate chips to the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
These cookies are so yummy!
Looks too tasty 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
These look so good that I have to try them! Thanks for sharing!
You’re welcome! Thank you for your comment. I hope that you love them as much as we do! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person