So, I turned my overripe bananas into these!
Blueberry Berry Banana Muffins
Makes 20 muffins
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease or line two muffin pans with 20 paper baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas and add the maple syrup, sunflower oil, milk and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl and mix until just combined, careful not to over mix the batter.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly greased or baking cup lined muffin pan, filling each muffin cavity 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Muffins are ready when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
These are awesome! I love the combination of blueberries and banana, but you could use whatever berries you like.
Autumn will enjoy having these in her lunch and I will enjoy eating them simply because I love to eat all baking. They will be great for breakfast too! If they last that long. 😉
Into the container.
For now. 😉
Have a great day!