Since I wrote out all my recipes the other day, I thought that I would try out something new for lunch today. I’ve been really wanting a nice bowl of soup and a sandwich lately, so I made a vegan version of tuna salad using chickpeas.
Makes enough for 4 sandwiches
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon kelp powder or nori flakes (torn nori sheets)
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 2 dill pickles, diced
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Mash the chickpeas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, Dijon, kelp powder or nori flakes and stir.
- Add in the diced onion, celery and dill pickles.
This is really good! The kelp powder gives it that fishy taste. I know the thought of eating sea vegetables is scary to say the least, but it really just tasted exactly like fish. You have to wonder if that ‘fishy’ taste people love about fish and seafood isn’t just because of the seaweed that they live in.
Another thing we did today was make hand and foot print reindeer.
Hand and Foot Print Reindeer
for this craft you will need
- cardboard to trace your child’s foot print on
- jiggly eyes
- gold or yellow paper for the antlers
- red pom poms for the nose
- Trace your child’s shoe print onto the cardboard and cut it out for the face of the reindeer.
- Trace you child’s hands on yellow or gold paper and cut them out for the antlers of the reindeer.
- Turn the shoe print upside down and glue the antlers to the top of it.
- Glue on the jiggly eyes and the red pom pom.
We changed up our cork board in the kitchen to a Christmas theme and also made an advent paper chain to countdown the days left until Christmas. For those of you who aren’t counting it is 29.
Almost time to get baking!