Happy and Healthy Life
Positivity, selflessness, gratitude and simplicity are just a few of the amazing ingredients that really make for an amazing life. A recipe that you will not be able to live without!
Serves everyone, every where, all the time
- Do Away with Selfishness. Consider others higher than yourself. Do good deeds for others whenever you see the opportunity to. Better yet, seek out some way that you can practice being unselfish by volunteering somewhere, sponsoring a child or eating a more plant-based diet (for the animals and for our planet). It is especially important to practice selflessness where it feels really difficult. The more unselfish things you do, the easier it will become and the happier you will be.
- Give Up Control. This means control of how you want yourself, your life and others to be. Stop thinking that you need to change yourself, your situations or that others need to change in order for you to live the life you want to or be happy. Do it now!
- Move Your Body Daily. Just move! Get off your butt and get vertical. Dance, walk, run, do yoga, workout, jump rope, whatever it is you like, just make sure you are moving your beautiful, miraculous, amazing body.
- Breathe. Practice sitting in a comfortable upright position and taking deep slow breaths. Do this often and you will definitely feel more relaxed and at peace.
- Get Outside! I find getting outside and in touch with nature always helps me to feel uplifted and more positive. Nature helps me to cultivate a sense of awe and makes me realize how small we all are and how insignificant my problems are in this whole vast universe. Even if I am just sitting, sunshine always makes me happy and fresh air always gives me an energy boost.
- Stop Comparing Yourself To Others. Nothing good can ever come of comparing ourselves to others. It is a selfish, ego-centered game that will always leave you feeling bad, even if when you do a comparison you think of yourself as better than another. It can never sit right with your soul to judge yourself or another, for better or for worse. You are you. Everyone is a unique creation with a certain personality, body type and specific set of talents. You are the only you and you are completely awesome. Be the best version of yourself every day.
- Eat Naturally. This includes foods that are as close to their natural state as possible and also listening to the natural wisdom of our bodies. Eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full. Nature really does provide the best nutrition. Forget calories and low-fat and start thinking of the origin of your food. The closer to nature, the better! I don’t care what the nutrition info says. Avocados, nuts, dried fruit and pure maple syrup are all higher calorie foods, but they are all super healthy and nutritious foods that our bodies will love and know just how to use.
- Live Simply. The less you own, the less owns you. Stop buying stuff, especially stuff that you really don’t need. Start trying to see the joys in living simply. Unplug your T.V and read some books. Dance to some uplifting music, laugh, play a board game or go for a walk. Lay under the stars and just be.
- Love Yourself. Love yourself first so that you can love others. We cannot give away something that we do not have. Self love is not selfish, in fact it is imperative. Keep your thoughts pure and positive. Eat healthy, take time for exercise, do more of what makes you happy and surround yourselves with the influences that you want in your life. Relax, nap, make love. Do whatever healthy things are necessary to show yourself a little love.
- Be Grateful. Take a look around you and be grateful for who you are, what you have and the people that you are blessed to have in your life. Do this daily and you are sure to start seeing how truly wonderful your life is. If on a particular day it is difficult to think of even one thing, just remember, awake, alive, blessed.
- See The Bright Side. Be mindful of your perceptions and how much they can cause you to suffer. Are you seeing your ‘terrible’ situation in the right light? Is your view one-sided? Are things really so bad? Ask yourself what is the worse that could happen and be content knowing that even if the worst does happen, you are still unaffected because you are not your situation, thoughts or feelings. You are much deeper than that and you will live even if it doesn’t feel like it. Life will go on, even after you die.
- Love More. Worry Less. Enough said.
- Smile. Always keep that beautiful smile on your face, even when you don’t feel like it. Smiling will help lift your mood and the mood of those around you too. Smiles are contagious! 🙂
Use more or less of an ingredient as needed. Experiment with what works for you. Add your own special ingredients to this recipe to really make it your own. It’s your life, so anything goes! Make your aim to be happy and give your best every day.
Wishing you all a beyond beautiful day and a happy and healthy life always!