My favorite breakfast/snack these days is a big bowl of cereal with banana sliced into it. I like to mix my cereals and lately organic fruit juice sweetened millet rice flakes with kamut puffs and unsweetened almond milk is perfect to me.
I was thinking that I would try making a no-bake granola bar recipe that included my new favorite cereal. Instead of regular old granola bars, I also decided last minute that putting the granola mixture into baking cups and freezing them would make for handy nutritious snacks. Plus, we are always snacking on frozen cookies anyway since we enjoy them so much.
Here is the recipe for our new favorite healthy and nutritious snack. Feel free to use whatever dried fruit, nuts and nut or seed butter that you like! This recipe is very versatile and extremely delicious!
No-Bake Fruit & Nut Granola Cups
- 2 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup organic millet rice flakes cereal (or other naturally sweetened organic flake cereal)
- 1 cup dried cherries (or other dried fruit of your choice)
- 1 cup unsalted roasted slivered almonds (or other unsalted nuts of your choice)
- 1/3 cup medium unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 flax egg (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup crunchy natural peanut butter (or other natural nut or seed butter of your choice)
- Line two muffin pans with 24 large-size paper baking cups.
- Combine the oats, cereal, dried fruit, nuts and shredded coconut in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the ground flaxseed and warm water in a small dish to make your flax egg and set aside a few minutes to thicken.
- Melt the margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown rice syrup and vanilla and whisk together until smooth. Remove from heat and add the flax egg and peanut butter.
- Pour the syrup/peanut butter mixture over the rest of the ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Spoon the granola mixture into each baking cup, filling them each 3/4 of the way full. Repeat to make 24. Press the mixture down with the back of the spoon to pack it into the baking cup.
- Place the muffin pans into the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set the granola into the cups.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy! Store any remaining granola cups in the fridge or freezer. We like these as a frozen treat, if stored in the fridge they may not hold together too well.
Happy Snacking! 🙂
I’ve made something very similar to these and they are great! Perfect on the go snack.
We make our granola bars pretty similar to this, they are delish and these looks delish too! Enjoy your weekend.
Loaded with goodness!
No bake? I can handle that! Looking good!