I came up with this recipe idea with my girls in mind. This was meant to be a fun, flavorful recipe, and it really is! Homemade granola with the s’mores flavor combination of graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips!
As an adult, I enjoy it plain, without the chocolate chips and marshmallows. The granola itself can be made and you could even just add some dried fruit in with it in place of the marshmallows and chocolate chips if you wish, but for the kids (or the kids at heart), it is sure to be a hit!
Makes 5 cups of granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs*
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows (Dandies makes a vegan and GMO-free mini marshmallow)
- 1/3 cup Krisda chocolate chips, or other chocolate chips
*I used organic bunny grahams for the graham cracker crumbs. We just crushed them up into crumbs. They do contain honey though.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the oats and graham cracker crumbs.
- Add the sunflower oil, maple syrup and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Spread the mixture out onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before adding the marshmallows and chocolate chips*
*The girls did try this recipe warm from the oven and added marshmallows and chocolate chips to their bowls and mixed it up to melt the marshmallows and chocolate chips, that can be fun too!