I wanted to share with you what we had for dinner last night.
Veggie Loaded Spelt Pizzas with Homemade Green Goddess Pizza Sauce
I like recipes that are quick, healthy and delicious. This is something we enjoy around here quite often because it is super easy to make. In town, they sell frozen spelt pizza crusts, so that is what I use. If you can’t find spelt crusts, you can likely find whole wheat or you can always make your own. Spread on the sauce and load on the veggies for one amazing pizza experience.
I make the sauce for this pizza myself and add spinach to it to sneak in more green. You can’t even taste it and it adds so many amazing health benefits.
Here is my recipe for 2 medium pizzas
- 2 medium spelt or whole wheat pizza crusts
Homemade Green Goddess Pizza Sauce
- 1 (398 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon each basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano and onion powder
- 1 clove of garlic, passed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
You can use any toppings that you want. Here is what I usually use.
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 bell peppers (your choice), diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup grated soy mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop up all the vegetables for your pizza toppings.
- Place all of the ingredients for the sauce together in a food processor and process until spinach is combined and mixture is the consistency of sauce.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza crusts and add your toppings.
- Place in the oven and bake 15-18 minutes.
- Broil another few minutes to melt the cheese if using, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn.
Pizzas are a lot of fun. Get your kids involved and make it fun, teach them about all the different colored vegetables as you top the pizzas. Have them choose what different colors they want to put on theirs. Talk about the different vegetables and their health benefits.
The girls like theirs with cheese.
Serve with a side salad and Sweet Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette
Super quick, super easy, super healthy and super delicious. I am going to have the leftovers for lunch today.
On the agenda for today, relax. I almost forgot what that means. I am going to do some power yoga and spend some time with my beautiful princesses. I am also in need of hearing some giggling.
Have a great day everyone!
Pingback: Baby Loves « Live. Learn. Love. Eat.
Pingback: Pregnancy Update: Week 37 | Live. Learn. Love. Eat.